Calling all passionate emerging artists! Auditions for the MYOpera Performance Intensive are now open. Applications are due on January 7, 2019.
What is the MYOpera Performance Intensive?
MYOpera is hosting hosting a performance intensive for advanced emerging artists. From February 22-23, 2018, six of Canada’s most promising young artists will work intensively with Music Director Natasha Fransblow, Stage Director Anna Theodosakis, and guest experts.
This intensive will focus entirely on French repertoire, from the nuanced interpretation of language, to authenticity in your dramatic presentation, to finding your physical centre while under the stress of performance. Each singer will work on one French aria throughout the 1.5-day program. Singers will be expected to have their music fully memorized for the start of the workshop.
Saturday, February 23 will close with a public showcase of the participants.
The best part? The MYOpera Performance Intensive is FREE.
How do I apply?
Applications are simple:
- Make sure you’re available from 5-9pm on February 22 and all day on February 23, 2019. Since the schedule is so condensed, we can’t accommodate any conflicts.
- If you’re available, click the link below to start the application process. In addition to a headshot and resume, you’ll need to include two musical references and links to 2 recordings of you singing contrasting arias. One should be in French.
- Apply online by Monday, January 4, 2019.
That’s all! We’ll let you know in mid-January 2019 if you’re accepted or not.
Things to know before you apply:
- You should be dedicated to pursuing a career in opera
- You should have significant training in classical voice (undergraduate or graduate degree in voice performance)
- While there is no official age restriction on MYOpera’s artists, we aim to provide experience to promising emerging artists, and so the successful candidate will have limited professional (i.e. paid) role experience
There is no fee to apply or to participate.