Our mission is to empower the artists and audiences of today to create the opera of tomorrow.
- Fostering excellence in emerging talent
- Compensation for our artists
- A professional atmosphere for artist development
- Commitment of our emerging artists
- Supporting our alumni
- Collaboration with the broader artistic community
- Enriching our community through the arts
- Engaging new audiences
- Making opera accessible
- Diversity & equality
Expanding through new initiatives
In 2015, MYOpera rebranded (read more about it on our blog!) and committed to being Toronto’s premiere opera company for emerging artists. That’s why, in 2016, we launched our Lunch & Learn program for resident artists. Throughout the spring 2016 rehearsal season, we welcomed esteemed artists and leaders in their field to talk about making the most out of your professional career.
For our audiences, this means that you’ll always see Toronto’s best and brightest emerging talent on our stages. And every show is unique because we allow our emerging artists to have freedom in the direction of each production. Experience in for yourself at our next event or performance!